Kilverm Poultry Wormer is the best wormer for chickens
If you are deworming chickens that lay eggs, can you still eat the eggs? Kilverm Poultry Wormer is the best dewormer for chickens like laying hens and meat chickens because it has been approved for use with birds intended for human consumption, unlike many other chicken dewormers. That means Kilverm Poultry Wormer is the best wormer for your backyard chickens!
Features of Kilverm Poultry Wormer 2.5 litre
- This easy-to-use liquid is simply added to your birds' drinking water (see dosage below)
- Recommended dewormer for laying hens, meat chickens, turkeys and other domestic fowl
- Combats the 3 most common intestinal parasites in chickens: threadworm or hairworm (Capillaria spp.), roundworm (Ascaridia galli) and caecal worm (Heterakis gallinae)
- Active ingredients: Levamisole 14g/L (equivalent to 16.5g/L of levamisole hydrochloride).
- This bottle contains at least 500 doses, depending on bird body weight
- Kilverm is also suitable for pigs, treating roundworm, stomach worm, lungworm, nodule worm and mature kidney worm
- Australian made and manufactured
- Made by Vetsense, leaders in quality assured animal care products
How to deworm chickens with Kilverm Poultry Wormer
Kilverm Pig and Poultry Wormer can be used as a parasite preventative or cure with both pigs and poultry. In particular, Kilverm is recommended for laying hens and has no egg withholding period. If using with meat birds, do not use Kilverm within 7 days of slaughter.
To deworm chickens with Kilverm:
- Withhold water for the last 2 hours of daylight and the night before treatment
- In the morning, make medicated drinking water available at daybreak. Use 10 ml of Kilverm per 6 kg of bird body weight. Dilute in fresh water at a rate of 1:20 (10 ml of medication to 200 ml water)
- Replace the medicated water when consumed or after 8 hours, whichever is first
- The following day, clean and disinfect the coop thoroughly to avoid reinfection
- Repeat treatment 2 weeks after the initial dosage.
For the best results, deworm chickens with Kilverm every 6-8 months, ideally in Spring and Autumn.
All medications, including dewormers, should be used with caution. Never treat birds that are stressed, or ill, or during extremely hot weather. Read instructions carefully before use and follow closely. As with any medication, Kilverm Poultry Wormer may be damaging to the health of your birds if not used according to directions. Kilverm is not intended for human use. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. If ingested, seek medical help immediately.
For more information on recognising and treating chickens with worms, visit our Chook School.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.