Use Virkon S to manage diseases on your farm. This broad-spectrum disinfectant is proven to kill viruses, diseases, bacteria, fungi and mycoplasma in as little as 5 minutes. Suitable for use against salmonella, foot and mouth disease, and rotovirus. Virkon S kills 500 strains of viruses, bacteria, fungi and yeasts.
Suitable for use in and around the chicken coop to stop and prevent the spread of illness.
The best formulation for emergency disease control. This formula is approved world-wide to combat FMD, avian influenza, Newcastle disease and more.
About Virkon S 50g
- Size: 50g
- Makes: 5-10L of disinfectant, depending on dilution rate
- Degrades naturally in the environment
- Can be misted around animals
- Fast acting 1% solution for dangerous pathogens
- Suitable for use on:
- Surfaces such as earth, wood, walls, ceilings and concrete
- Water delivery systems - use in header tanks, flush through pipes and outlets
- Effective aerial disinfectant
- Ideal for foot dips - prevent the spread of diseases and viruses with a foot dip placed at the farm entrance and exit for all staff and visitors
How to use Virkon S 50g Sachet
Mix the powder with water following the recommended dilution rates. A pink solution will form. Use this solution in a spray bottle for surface cleaning, or to clean water drinking systems.
- For surface areas use a dilution rate of 10g per 1 litre of water.
- For farm equipment use a dilution rate of 10g for 1 litre of water.
- For water delivery system sanitation use 10g per 2 litres of water. Clean out header tank and fill with disinfectant solution. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Flush through to drinking terminals and leave for 50 min before draining. Rinse thoroughly before refilling.
- Foot dips require a dilution rate of 10g per litre, replacing the solution every 4-5 days or as needed.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.
Q. Does Virkon S Kill Solmonella?
A. Yes, Virkon S effectively kills 5 strains of salmonella in as little as 5 minutes
Q. Is Virkon S dangerous?
A. You should always take precautions when using any disinfectants. This product should not be ingested and should be stored out of reach when not in use. It may cause skin irritation if you come into contact with the solution. You should also avoid breathing in the mist or powder.Q. How do I mix Virkon S?
A. For disinfecting surfaces and equipment 10g of powder is mixed wih 1 litre of water. Add this solution with a spray bottle.