D-3 Vita Vitamin Supplement for Birds. Parrots, Songbirds as well as other Aviary birds
Caged and aviary birds frequently suffer from mild vitamin deficiencies and imbalances.
There are many “complete” feeds on the market, which claims to provide your bird with all of the vitamins and minerals they need. However, it is dangerous to consider a “complete” feed as the sole component of a nutritionally balanced diet because:
- If the complete feed is a seed mix, birds will usually eat only the parts they like, missing out on crucial nutrients from other ingredients.
- Many birds will not eat the pellets in seed mixes, and this is where most vitamins and minerals are in the feed.
- In “complete” seed mixes, vitamins and minerals often come in a powder form which tends to sink to the bottom of the feeder and not eaten.
- Fortified seeds contain most of the added nutrients in the husks, which are most often discarded by birds.
- Breeding birds require extra calcium on top of that supplied in the feed.
Ultimately, complete feeds should not be the sole source of vitamins for your bird, as they rarely provide what is needed for a bird to thrive. Domesticated birds on seed or pelleted feeds frequently suffer from vitamin A and B deficiencies, and may also lack vitamins D and E.
An easy-to-use vitamin supplement for birds
D-3 Vita is an easy-to-use multivitamin specially formulated to meet the dietary requirements of caged and aviary birds. Based on scientific research into avian nutrition, this water-soluble multivitamin provides birds with the vitamins they need in an easily absorbable form. It includes vitamin D3, the only form of vitamin D that birds can absorb, as well as a range of B group vitamins, vitamin E for reproductive health and feather quality, vitamin A and more.
Designed to promote optimum health, D-3 Vita can reduce the impact of stress and ill-health. Ensure that your birds are receiving the nutrients they need daily. Use D-3 Vita, the best multivitamin for birds. Designed for use with seed mixes and pelleted feeds.
D-3 Vita Vitamin Supplement details:
- 200 g bottle contains over 200 doses.
- Addresses the most common vitamin deficiencies affecting birds on a diet of commercial bird feed.
- Easy-to-use, water-soluble form.
- Recommended for use with parrots, songbirds, pigeons and other aviary birds.
- Reduces the impact of stress, transport, breeding and ill-health on bird well-being.
- Active ingredients include: Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, d-ca Pantothenate, Nicotinamide, Folic Acid and Biotin.
- Manufactured in Australia
- Includes 3 g measuring spoon.
How to use D-3 Vita Avian Multivitamin
D-3 Vita is recommended for regular use with caged and aviary birds. Administer the solution through the drinking water
Add D-3 Vita to fresh water and replace daily.
Grams D-3 Vita Powder
Fresh drinking water
Use once per week as part of a regular nutrition program.
When birds are breeding or experiencing stress, for example, due to transport or racing, use up to 3 times per week.
Do not use when administering other medication such as antibiotics or dewormers.
Use only as directed. D-3 Vita is suitable for avian use only.
Store below 30oC.
For more information on Chicken Health, visit our Chook School.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are as per below and apply to Australian orders only. International orders are calculated by weight at checkout.
|Up to 1kg
|1 - 3kg
|$11.95 - $14.95
|3 - 5kg
|$14.95 - $18.95
|5 - 7kg
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|Estimated delivery (business days)
|New South Wales
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT
|Western Australia & Northern Territory
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.