Keep your Birds, Chickens and Hens, Pigeons and Ducks in their best condition. The BVM Probiotic Bird Vitamin Mineral Supplement 4kg is the industry leader in Probiotic Vitamin and Mineral Supplement for your Birds.
Unlike Wild Birds, Aviary Birds, Caged Birds and Birds in Coops simply can't get the same diet as Wild Birds. Even with Quality feeds not all the essentials are covered. BVM is the Tasty Supplement for your Birds that helps keep them in their natural top form. It is also formulated to help where signs of Low Nutritional Illness may be starting to show.
Originally developed for racing pigeon conditioning, BVM + Protexin © Probiotic is now used by bird-keepers Australia-wide. It is the leading dietary supplement for pigeons, chickens and aviary birds, providing everything that birds need to ensure good health.
Scientifically formulated using the latest research, this supplement contains 21 vitamins and minerals essential for avian health, including micronutrients that are often missing from a normal diet. The proportions of these nutrients are optimized for birds, and balanced to ensure that no single nutrient counteracts others.
Bird Vitamin Mineral (BVM) includes: calcium for health bone development and egg quality; vitamins E and D3 for that silky, smooth feather growth; vitamin A for respiratory health and resistance to common diseases; and phosphorous for improved reproductive health and broods. BVM also contains Protexin © Probiotic, a multi-strain avian probiotic containing 8 bacteria and yeasts, in order to improve and maintain digestive function.
BVM + Probiotic is part of every nutritionally-balanced ration program for pigeons, poultry and caged birds.
BVM + Probiotic 4kg details
- Complete avian Dietary Supplement
- Contains 21 Essential Vitamins & Minerals
- Also includes Protexin Probiotic. Protexin © Probiotic, Australia’s only avian-specific probiotic, is registered for use with birds, including pigeons and poultry.
- Scientifically Optimised for bird health
- Made in Australia
Signs and symptoms of Low Nutrion in Birds
- Other Eye Problems
- Poor feather quality
- Dull colour of feathers or uneven growth
- Poor appetite
- Reduced weight gain
- Thin-shelled eggs
- Poor beak quality
- Scales or skin lesions
- An increase in susceptibility to illness and disease
- Abnormal stools
- A poor hatch rate and/or weak hatchlings
Which birds require a vitamin and probiotic supplement?
Laying hens have been bred to produce eggs at a rate much higher than is natural for birds. Producing eggs requires a lot of energy and a wide range of vitamins and minerals, making nutrition particularly important. If layers have a poor diet, it can lead to the depletion of natural stores of vitamins and minerals in their bodies, causing illness and death.
After stress or intensive exercise, our bodies require additional vitamins and minerals in order to replace those lost in sweat, and to build/rebuild muscle proteins and red blood stores. This same process occurs when pigeons race, making access to essential vitamins and minerals, both before and after racing, important for health and recovery.
Good nutrition is vital for breeding birds. Not only does it lead to healthier eggs and a better hatch rate, it is also key to producing healthy, robust hatchlings.
Birds experiencing stress
Stresses such as illness, medication (such as routine deworming), transport and extreme weather, can also affect bird health. A balanced diet will boost the immune system, aiding recovery and preventing infection or reinfection.
Active ingredients include:
- Vitamins: A, D3, E, K, B1, B2, B6, B12
- Minerals: cobalt, copper, iron, magnesium, iodide, selenium, molybdenum, zinc, sodium
- Calcium: calcium pantothenate, calcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, calcium gluconate
- Bacteria and yeasts: lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus delbrueckii, lactobacillus rhamnosus, lactobacillus platarum, bifidobacterium bifidum, enterococcus aecium, aspergillus oryzae, candid pintolepesii
- The convenient pink powder is so palatable that birds eagerly consume it.
- Designed for free access administration and also suitable for addition to feed.
- Made in Australia from top quality ingredients.
How to use BVM Pink Powder:
- Place in a clean dry container that they cannot scratch or rake in. Keep this container full at all times; the birds will regulate their own intake. Breeding birds will feed the powder to thier new hatchlings
- You can also mix this BVM powder into wet foods. Alternatively, mix into soft foods which have been wet with seed oil or another weeting agent. We do not recommend to use this powder with dry seeds or pellet mixes.
As real-life conditions vary, monitor your birds carefully when first using BVM Pink Powder. For some birds, free access may not be the best option and a more controlled administration through feed will be necessary. The use of BVM with other dietary supplements and some fortified or complete feeds (pellets, mash or seed mixes with vitamins and minerals added) is not recommended, as too much of a nutrient can be as damaging as too little. Bird health and behaviour is your best indication of whether BVM is working for you.
Use according to instructions. This product is not for human consumption.
Store below 30oC.
For more information on Chicken Health, visit our Chook School.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.