Ok, are you thinking why would Birds would need a Vitamin and Mineral Supplement ? The reality is Birds are naturally Wild. In their natural habitat they consume up to 20 different food groups daily. This gives them all the nutrition they need. We as keepers breed them with different types of feed. Store purchased feed mix only provides them with a certain percentage of their daily requirement. BVM Probiotic Bird Vitamin Mineral 2kg has been scientifically formulated to give them the rest.
This incredible formula supports their immune system, reproduction, bone and overall general health.
It is designed for all Aviary and Coop birds. This includes racing Pigeons, Chickens and Laying Hens, Parrots and most other caged birds.
BVM Probiotic Bird Vitamin Mineral 2kg details
- A complete avian dietary supplement, with 21 vitamins and minerals, plus Protexin © Probiotic.
- Optimised for bird health, this scientific formula is based on peer-reviewed research into avian nutrition.
- Protexin © Probiotic, Australia’s only avian-specific probiotic, is registered for use with birds, including pigeons and poultry.
- The convenient pink powder is so palatable that birds eagerly consume it.
- Designed for free access administration and also suitable for addition to feed.
- Made in Australia from top quality ingredients.
Active ingredients include:
- Vitamins: A, D3, E, K, B1, B2, B6, B12
- Minerals: cobalt, copper, iron, magnesium, iodide, selenium, molybdenum, zinc, sodium
- Calcium: calcium pantothenate, calcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, calcium gluconate
- Bacteria and yeasts: lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus delbrueckii, lactobacillus rhamnosus, lactobacillus platarum, bifidobacterium bifidum, enterococcus aecium, aspergillus oryzae, candid pintolepesii
How to use BVM Pink Powder
BVM + Probiotic is design for free-access administration to pigeons, poultry, and other caged birds.
- Similar to shell grit, place the BVM Pink Powder in a clean, dry container that discourages contamination and scratching/raking. As part of a nutritionally balanced diet, it can be kept full at all times. Birds will regulate their own intake to ensure they are getting the optimum level of nutrients, and breeding birds will even feed the powder to their hatchlings.
- You can also mix the Bird Mineral Powder with wet food. You can also add the powder to soft foods along with a wetting agent such as seed oil.
- We do not recommend using with dry seeds or pellet mixes
As real-life conditions vary, monitor your birds carefully when first using BVM Pink Powder. For some birds, free access may not be the best option and a more controlled administration through feed will be necessary. The use of BVM with other dietary supplements and some fortified or complete feeds (pellets, mash or seed mixes with vitamins and minerals added) is not recommended, as too much of a nutrient can be as damaging as too little. Bird health and behaviour is your best indication of whether BVM is working for you.
Use according to instructions. This product is not for human consumption.
Store below 30oC.
BVM Probiotic Bird Vitamin Mineral 2kg may assist with the below health problems associated with low nutrition:
- Conjunctivitis and other eye problems
- A bedraggled appearance caused by poor feather quality, uneven growth, dull colouring and/or feather picking
- Lethargy and/or poor appetite
- Reduced weight gain
- Thin-shelled eggs and egg-binding in breeding/laying birds
- Poor beak quality
- Scales and skin lesions
- Increased susceptibility to illness and disease
- Abnormal stools
- A poor hatch rate and/or weak hatchlings
For more information on Chicken Health, visit our Chook School.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.
Q. What birds can use BVM Powder?
A. Use to improve overall health and digestive health in aviary birds as well as poultry.
Q. How do you administer BVM Pink powder?
A. Simply mix the correct dosage in with wet feed.
Q. Do birds need supplements?
A. All birds, similar to humans can end up with bad bacteria in their gut and digestive tract. Probiotic powder helps to restore the good bacteria. Bad bacteria also limited the amount of vitamin and mineral absorption. Probiotic Pink powder is added with essential vitamins and minerals to assist with the recovery of vitamin and minerally deficient birds.
Q. Where is BVM Pink Powder made?
A. Australia. Buying this product helps support Australian jobs and further development in Bird and Chicken health products.