The Lumia 16 Automatic egg incubator has all the features of an industrial model on a smaller scale. It is perfect for backyard chicken keepers and hobby breeders.
Improve hatch rates and chick viability with a range of technological innovations such as Biomaster silver ion additive, vertical incubation and external water reservoirs. Save energy and time with automatic egg rotation, temperature control and static humidity.
All Borotto incubators are manufactured in Italy and come with a 2-year warranty.
Benefits of the Lumia 16 Automatic Incubator
- Incorporates the latest technological features developed for industrial-standard incubators
- Holds up to 64 small eggs, e.g. quail, or 16 medium to large eggs, e.g. chicken or goose
- Suitable for chickens, pheasants, guinea fowl, quail, partridges, ducks, geese, turkeys, peacocks, pigeons, aviary birds, parrots and birds of prey
- Saves time with automatic egg rotation, temperature control and humidity creation
- Ideal for backyard chicken keepers and hobby breeders
- Trays can hold eggs from multiple breeds at once
- Designed to achieve optimum hatch rates
- AI temperature control attuned to external fluctuations in temperature
- Clear lid for easy monitoring
- Maintain humidity and prevent contamination with external water reservoirs, meaning the incubator never needs to be opened
- Built from heat-resistant ABS to prevent heat loss
- Treated with Biomaster silver ion additive to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and improve hatch rate
- Comes with an adaptor for car cigarette lighters for ease of transport or in the case of a power outage
Prevent bacterial contamination
Bacteria decreases hatch rate, so Lumia incubators are designed to keep the area around the egg clean and hygienic. Biomaster silver ion technology is proven to prevent bacterial growth on incubator surfaces while the external water reservoirs fitted with “dust plugs” . This means that the incubator doesn’t need to be opened and germs have less chance of entering.
Maintain constant temperature and humidity
With the latest technology, it is easy to maintain constant temperature and humidity. Heat-resistant ABS and insulated ventilation provide uniform temperature and humidity throughout the Lumia incubator unit.
AI offers industrial-standard temperature control accurate to +/- 0.1 oC. The temperature is taken by an NTC sensor and a Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) algorithm compensates for external temperature and prevents oscillation when adjustments are made.
Reduce energy consumption by hatching a large number of eggs in a small space. Insulation and ventilation ensure that the incubator retains heat for better efficiency. With AI temperature control and the external water reservoirs, the Lumia 16 meets the growing demand for environmentally friendly products.
Features of the Lumia 16 Incubator
- A professional-standard incubator for small clutches
- Energy efficient model averaging a consumption of 40 Wh
- Temperatures can be set between 30 oC and 40 oC
- Automatic temperature control to 0.1 oC
- Digital temperature display
- Automatic egg-rotation that mimics natural movement in the nest
- Static humidity system
- External water reservoirs with “dust plugs”
- Clear, high-visibility lid for easy monitoring
- Equipped with an Australian power cord and a standard car cigarette lighter adaptor
- Designed and manufactured in Italy
- 2-year manufacturer’s guarantee
- Size: Measures 39 cm x 34 cm x 22 cm (height)
- Weight: 2.83 kg
- Digital thermostat controlled by a micro-computer with PID technology
- Accurate to within +/- 0.1 oC
- 60 W FLEX silicon cable resistor heater
- 12 VDC 60 W power supply and cable
- Vehicle cigarette lighter plug included
- 60 mm diameter, silenced axial fan with auto-restart function
- 12 volt egg-turning motor controlled by a microprocessor
- Made from heat-resistant ABS with Biomaster technology
Why we love Borotto incubators
At Dine a Chook, we value quality products. Borotto is a market leader in incubators and manufacture all of their products in Italy. We know that Borotto incubators incorporate the latest technology and are designed to outperform cheap imitations. For a product that is built to last, Borotto is our choice for home incubators.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.