Everything you need to know about chicken health
Don’t put the health of your chickens at risk. Even experienced poultry keepers struggle when a chicken is ill or injured. Chickens are social animals, and chicken illnesses can spread rapidly. Don’t be caught unprepared! Ensure the health and happiness of your chickens by adding Chicken Health for Dummies to your bookshelf today.
Chicken Health for Dummies is an encyclopaedic resource for poultry keepers presented in an easy-to-use format. It answers all of your questions about chicken health problems, covering:
- Disease and ill-health prevention through good flock management
- The physical and behavioural symptoms of illness, injury and also covering ill-health in chickens
- How to identify and diagnosis disease in your Chickens
- The causes and treatments of an array of chicken illnesses, both common and rare
- Recommended management practices for dealing with unwell chickens in order to protect the health of the flock
- Chicken first-aid and other treatment options
- Health and safety
Chicken Health for Dummies contains everything you need to know to keep and care for chickens.
Why we love Chicken Health for Dummies by Julie Gauthier and Rob Ludlow
- Written by a certified veterinarian with extensive knowledge in chicken health and preventative medicine
- Containing up-to-date information about the most recent practice in health care and disease management for poultry
- Quick-reference format for ease of use. Most importantly, it is in a language you will understand
- Extensive information provided on all aspects of chicken health care
- Covers preventative care, recognising the symptoms of chicken ill-health, diagnosing illness as well as the treatment options
Dine A Chook shipping charges are as per below and apply to Australian orders only. International orders are calculated by weight at checkout.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.