Dine a Chook Customer Feedback says it all
The reviews of our Chicken Feeders and Drinkers tell you everything you need to know about Australia's favourite Feeder and Drinker Kit:
Dine A Chook feeders - working so well for my small Silkie Bantams attached temporarily here while I adjust height required. They can all feed with the food dropping down the feeder and no spillage to ground. Stayed dry inside during recent rain. Put some fresh sweet corn in to get them interested as some of these birds were not used to a feeder as they were rescued from total neglect in a small cage with no food apart from what they threw on the ground, so getting these birds used to using a feeder took bribery initially. Now all are happy to put their head right down the back of feeder. I love the carry handle and twist lock lid. These are far better than the Other brand widely available on eBay . I will be changing my feeders/drinkers now to Dine A Chook. My set up here includes an automatic chicken door opener and on far right of roof a white battery sensor led light to deter night foxes/cats, combined with a range of Dine A Chook products, my birds set up is complete.
I was a bit sceptical that i was spending a fair bit of money because I was too lazy to refresh the water every day. Now I realise that my chickens never have to eat feed that’s had rats in it or water that’s not clean. I can go away for a weekend and know they are being fed, well worth the money.
I really love this feeder! Absolutely no waste, no mess & my chooks wasted no time in working out how to use it. Best of all the wild birds can't use it and neither can rats! Thanks for making such a wonderful product AND for keeping the price reasonable too.
I purchased the feeder and waterer as a kit. Was very easy to set up by myself (on wooden fence), using the instructions provided through the website. No mess, no fuss and very sturdy. Excellent postage and packaging tooChicken Feeder and Drinker Kit 3.5lt Feeder plus Drinker and Mealworms Package Contents:
This Chicken Feeder and Drinker Kit is recommended for small flocks of chickens or other poultry (2-6 birds). It contains:
- 1 x 3.5 Litre Chicken Feeder (535 mm tall) with a RED base suitable for up to 8 birds
- 1 x 4 Litre Chicken Drinker (545 mm tall) with Twin Lubing Cups suitable for up to 12 birds
- 2 x Complimentary Mounting Kits (steel brackets and screws for each item)
- 1 x 80 g bag of Dried Mealworms for Chickens and Pets
Features of the 3.5 Litre Dine a Chook Chicken Feeder (RED base)
- Waste-reducing features include an adjustable depth feeding bay, and horizontal and vertical paddles to keep feed off the floor
- Chickens love RED so the red feeding bay and hopper make training a breeze (and so do the Dried Mealworms!)
- The rain cover and gutter system keep the feed dry even in Queensland's tropical downpours
- A snap-together, injection-moulded design that is free from leak-points like screws, and has no moving parts to corrode, sieze up or require replacement
- Removable feed hopper for easy cleaning
Features of the 4 Litre Dine a Chook Chicken Drinker
- Provides fresh water on demand
- Treated PVC to prevent algae-growth
- No leaks!
- The industrial-model water outlet is designed for minimal contamination of the drinking cup with feed and dirt
- The Lubing Drinker Cup is easy to clean (just squirt with the hose) and long-lasting
- Dine a Chook float up-grade provides higher water levels in the cup
About Dine a Chook Dried Mealworms
- 100 % Natural: no preservatives, no additives, no chemicals
- Contains essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- High in protein (53 % minimum)
- A nutritious treat, protein supplement or reward for training
- Recommended part of a balanced diet for chickens, poultry, other birds, reptiles, amphibians and other pets
- Convenient, resealable pack that preserves Mealworms for over 12 months when stored in a cool, dry place
Dine a Chook Construction Guarantee
- Hand built from Australian-manufactured parts (except the German-made Lubing Cup)
- Professional-standard PVC that has been treated for UV exposure and will not degrade in the sun like other plastics
- Guaranteed contaminant-free: no BPA, no lead, no PVC glue
- Moulded mounting hooks on the body of the Feeder/Drinker for tool-free installation in many coops
- Convenient design including a lock on lid, carry handle, lid hook and top-fill
The Dine a Chook Difference
We had chickens long before we started Dine a Chook, and we still do! We understand the problems that backyard chicken keepers face and our goal is to provide solutions.
That is why Dine a Chook Chicken Feeders and Drinkers stand out from the competition: Our products have been extensively tested in Australian backyards, including our own! Our patented innovations and unique design features really work to make backyard chicken keeping easier.
We know how important good coop management is. A clean, dry coop, and uncontaminated feed and water, are essential for poultry health. Our Feeders reduce waste, keeping feed dry and off the floor. And our Waterers keep water clean and prevent spillage.
Dine a Chook Feeders and Drinkers are made in Australia, supporting Aussie jobs. And we use genuine Lubing Drinker Outlets from Germany because they are the best for poultry. Our products are built to last and come with an exclusive guarantee. Tested in the harsh Australian climate, don’t run over them with a tractor and we bet you won’t need to buy another Feeder or Drinker again!
As a family business, the most important thing to us is our customers. Need help with an order? Want chicken keeping advice? If you have a question about your flock, give us a call on 1800 103 326 during Queensland business hours.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.
Q. What birds can use the Dine A Chook feeder?
A. The feeder in this package is suitable for Chickens, Ducks and also Geese.
Q. What birds can use lubing cups?
A. Chickens, Roosters, Ducks, Geese, Parrots, Turkeys, Quail,
Q. Is the lubing cup BPA free?
Q. Are there any glues or chemical adhesives?
A. No, Our lubing cups and float attachment as well as mechanism are chemical and glue free
Q. How many chickens will one lubing cup service?
A. Provides adequate water for 6 - 8 hens
Q. How much does an average hen drink per day?
A. 500 – 750ml depending on the climate.
Warranty for Dine A Chook Feeder and Drinker Shop with absolute peace of mind, we guarantee the Dine A Chook Feeders, Drinkers and their parts for a period of 3 years against manufacturing defect and also UV damage.
Warranty for Lubing Cup & float This product has a 12 month parts warranty against defect. Although UV stabilised, this product may fade in sunlight over time. This fading is not covered under warranty.