What is the most important vitamin for birds? | Dine a Chook ®
Like all animals, birds need to consume a wide-range of vitamins and minerals in order to be healthy. Their nutrient requirements vary depending on a range of environmental factors, including breed and age. However, domesticated birds on a seed or pellet diet tend to suffer from a few key vitamin deficiencies. The most common vitamin deficiencies caused by this diet are calcium, vitamin A and vitamin D, making these the most important vitamins for bird health. All good avian nutrition regimes should include a supplement fortified with these vitamins.
Choosing a vitamin supplement for birds
Many bird owners provide a calcium supplement in the form of a “hard” source, such as cuttlebone, seashells or mineral grit. However, without also supplementing vitamin D, the calcium in these sources cannot be absorbed, making them useless.
D-3 Liquid Calcium is an easy-to-administer calcium source that is supplemented with other important avian vitamins for the best results. It includes the essential Vitamin D3 to ensure that the calcium is made readily available to the bird, and also contains vitamin E for improved immune and reproductive function. Vitamin A deficiency is common in seed-based diets, and therefore this addition makes D-3 Liquid Calcium one of the best all-round avian supplements on the market.
Don’t waste time and money with other supplements; D-3 Liquid Calcium is the best all-round supplement to use with seed and pelleted rations.
Features of D-3 Liquid Calcium (1 Litre)
- Fortified with Vitamin D3, the only form of vitamin D that is available to birds, in order to ensure sufficient calcium is absorbed in the gut.
- Addresses the 3 most common vitamin deficiencies affecting caged birds on seed or pelleted rations.
- Active ingredients include: Calcium gluconate, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin D3.
- Specifically formulated for breeding birds and layers.
- Convenient liquid form for easy administration through drinking water and accurate dosage control.
How to use D-3 Liquid Calcium Supplement
- Administer through drinking water for pigeons, chickens, poultry and other caged birds.
- Add 15 ml of D-3 Liquid Calcium per litre of drinking water. Prepare solution fresh daily.
- As part of a regular nutrition program, D-3 Liquid Calcium should be used once per week.
- During breeding season, supplementation should be increased to 3 times per week.
Excess calcium can lead to health problems. Do not exceed the recommended dosage of D-3 Liquid Calcium. Be mindful of the calcium content of feeds used in combination with calcium supplements.
Always follow product instructions. D-3 Calcium Supplement is for animal use only.
Store below 30oC. Keep away from direct sunlight.
For more information on Chicken Health, visit our Chook School.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.