Keep your chickens healthy and happy with Oregano Essential Oil. 500ml
Oregano Essential Oil (OEO) is a favourite of organic chicken farmers and backyard poultry keepers. With strong antimicrobial and antiparasitic properties, Oregano Oil can help your chickens stay healthy and fight disease.
Orego-Stim is manufactured in Europe by Anpario, the world leader in natural and environmentally sustainable feed additives for poultry and livestock.
Benefits of Oregano Oil for Chickens
- A high-quality phytogenic eubiotic
- Highly aromatic to improve feed palatability and appetite
- Great for growing birds
- Helps to maintain a healthy gut microbiome, aiding nutrient absorption
- Can improve egg quality and cleanliness
- Reduces the impact of stress
- Supports immune health and natural immune responses
- Rich in antioxidants
Features of Orego-Stim Oregano Essential Oil
- 100 % natural Oregano Essential Oil
- Mixes easily with feed or water
- Organically grown and processed in Europe
- Especially bred and harvested for higher antioxidant levels
- Contains over 100 natural compounds with antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties
- Designed to improve health and productivity
- Regular testing and analysis ensure a consistent product
Why Orego-Stim outperforms other Oregano Oils
Orego-Stim Essential Oil has been developed especially for chickens and livestock. Anpario controls every element of the production cycle, from seed to distribution.
Starting on the farm, Anpario have bred an antioxidant rich variety of oregano specifically for oil production. Plants are cultivated organically in the idyllic hills of central Europe and tested to ensure the highest possible level of nutrients at harvest.
Using a unique extraction method, distillation is carefully monitored to protect the natural qualities of the oil, resulting in a product with the optimum nutrient balance.
Professionals and hobbyists recommend Orego-Stim
Lady Oregon, Australia’s 2020 Racing Pigeon Champion, swears by Orego-Stim to keep her in tip top condition while racing.
Commercial poultry farmers and breeders also use Orego-Stim to keep their birds healthy and improve production. Oregano Essential Oil is a key tool for the organic farmer and can reduce the need for antibiotics and other medicines.
Scientific research into the benefits of Oregano Oil for Chickens
Scientists have been studying the benefits of Oregano Essential Oil for some time. Trials run by Anpario have shown:
- As a preventative, Orego-Stim provides a similar level of protection against coccidiosis as a chemical coccidiostat
- Orego-Stim reduces the impact of coccidiosis infection and improves immune response, resulting in less intestinal damage and reduced spread through faeces
- When fed Orego-Stim continuously during the laying period, hens produced more eggs of better quality (13 more eggs per hen) and mortality decreased by 2.2 %
- Orego-Stim improves the immune response after coccidiosis vaccination
- In a laboratory trial, Orego-Stim was more effective than other phytogenics at inhibiting the spread of antibiotic-resistant E. coli
How to use Oregano Oil for Chickens
Oregano Essential Oil produces the best results if used continuously at a low dose. Do not use undiluted.
We recommend adding Oregano Oil to fresh drinking water at a rate of 1.5 ml per 10 L of water. During times of stress, the dosage can be increased to 3 ml per 10 L of water.
OEO can also be added to feed to improve palatability. Add 1.5 ml oil per 10 kg of feed, mixing well. Uneaten feed should be discarded at the end of the day.
Create a fresh feed or water mixture daily.
Seal the Orego-Stim bottle tightly after use and store in a cool, dark place away from heat and damp.
For animal use only. All advice is general and you should consult a poultry expert when making decisions about your own flock. Orego-Stim is not intended to treat illness or as a replacement for veterinary medicine and advice. All results and benefits are based on specific conditions and may not be replicable in your own flock. Use only as directed and keep away from children.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.