Scrap Booster – 3 kg
Chickens love scraps. And every chicken keeper loves to make their chickens happy. Plus, we all like the satisfaction of seeing kitchen waste become healthy, home-grown eggs.
However, we also know that scraps aren’t that good for chickens. In order to produce a beautiful egg every day or so, laying hens need a diet that is high in protein, calcium, amino acids and many other vitamins and minerals.
A chicken with a poor diet will not lay as well and its health will suffer. This is why so many commercial chicken feeds are labelled as ‘complete’. These feeds contain the optimum amounts of all the nutrients that laying hens need to thrive and produce, including a carefully balanced ration of protein and fibre.
As much as they enjoy them, feeding scraps to chickens dilutes the nutrient content of their feed, ultimately affecting their health and performance. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Dine a Chook Scrap Booster is especially designed to boost the protein and nutrient content of scraps. Adding a sprinkle to any kitchen waste or scraps transforms them into a valuable, protein-rich addition to the diet and prevents the nutrient value of feed from becoming diluted.
Benefits of Dine a Chook Scrap Booster
· Makes scraps a valuable part of a chicken’s diet
· Boosts nutrition and performance
· A tasty powder that chickens love
· Insect-based, natural protein source
· Contains amino acids, chitins, vitamins and minerals, and naturally occurring antimicrobial peptides and defensins
· Made from Mealworms raised on a high-quality vegetable diet
Features of Dine a Chook Scrap Booster
· 100 % dried, powdered mealworms (Tenebrio molitor)
· Absolutely no additives or preservatives
· Gently dried to maintain maximum nutrition
· 3 kg bulk pack
· Contains vitamins and minerals, including phosphorous, iron, potassium, sodium, calcium and other trace elements, plus 17 different amino acids
How to use Scrap Booster for chickens
Mix 1 tablespoon of Scrap Booster through 1-2 cups of kitchen scraps or green forage. If the scraps are dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to moisten.
Although Scrap Booster increases the nutritional value of scraps, good practices should also be followed:
· Feed scraps no more than once a day
· Use a clean bowl or dish
· Feed no more scraps than can be consumed in about 20 minutes
· Remove uneaten scraps to deter vermin and prevent disease
· Feed mainly vegetable scraps
· Avoid dairy, fat and highly-processed carbohydrates, e.g. bread
· Provide free access to a complete feed
· Always ensure birds have access to clean, fresh water
Scrap Booster is not recommended for use with garden waste and weeds, as chickens will not eat the tougher parts of the plants.
Use Scrap Booster whenever you are feeding scraps as part of an avian nutrition program.
Scrap Booster is not intended as a complete feed or feed replacement. Use only as directed. Consult a veterinarian or licenced animal nutritionist when designing an animal nutrition program.
This product is not for human consumption.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.