You can provide instantly protect your fruit plants and trees, vegetable garden and also chooks with our super strength knitted anti-bird netting. Additionally, you can save money per metre with our bulk buy price on a 10m x 50m White Commercial Bird Netting. Dine A Chook brand knitted anti bird net is made for years of durability against the elements when installed correctly. We use superior quality knitted fabric polyethylene that is also UV treated to prevent damage in the Australian sun. Farms, orchards and vineyards around the country use Dine A Chook black bird net to protect their valuable crop from bird attacks. And we are so confident this will not fray or degrade in the sun that we back it with a 10-year guarantee. With wide apertures of 16mm, the design allows pollinators in. The openings also allow free airflow, so it is less likely to rip off in a storm if correctly installed. Also, the knit design means you can cut the net with having to worry if it will fray.
Recent new regulations now apply in the State of Victoria.
This new legislation affects the sale and purchase of bird netting with an aperture size greater than 5mm for fruit tree use in households only.
Generally, ‘household’ fruit-trees, vegetable gardens, or other fruiting plants would be–
- grown at residential premises in an urban or suburban area; or
- if grown at residential premises in a semi-rural or rural area, grown primarily for personal use (even if some excess produce is shared or sold).
‘Household’ fruit-trees, vegetable gardens, or other fruiting plants would not generally include those grown –
- at commercial orchards; or
- at vineyards; or
- for a fruit and vegetable produce business; or
- Where the objective of growing the trees or plants is to produce a commercial harvest for sale, with the intent to make a profit, the scale of such an activity should be consistent with other commercial orchards, vineyards, or produce businesses.
Dine a Chook will NOT be liable if this product is purchased and used for any other means than what is required by the Law in Victoria
Knitted Anti-Bird Netting details:
- Size: 10mt/w x 50mt/L
- Agricultural standard 40gsm superior strength knit fabric.
- Material: UV protected polyethylene
- Mesh size: 16 mm apertures - helps lessen wild bird entanglement as well as allows bees.
- Made to cope with Australian sun
- Effective against wild bird attacks as well as wildlife including butterflies and bats
- 10-year guarantee (Terms and Conditions apply - see FAQ)
- Our knit fabric will not cut entangled wildlife as cheap inferior extruded plastic net does.
Where to use Dine A Chook White Bird Net:
You can use Dine A Chook Quality Anti Bird net all year round. Alternatively, you can use it for a seasonal defence and then remove and roll up for next time you want to put it out. We recommend you use Fruit Tree Netting to protect:
- Fruit and nut trees
- Berry orchards
- rootstock as well as seedlings
- raspberries and also strawberries
- vegetable crops
Also, use this Quality Bird Exclusion Netting for:
- Use as an attractive alternative to chicken wire around the chicken coop.
- prevent pest birds nesting in eaves
- a pond cover to protect fish and frogs from predators and wild bird attacks
- over your favourite garden plants.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.
Q. What is the aperture size of this netting?
Q. What is the weight?
Q. What is the bird netting made from?
A. The netting is made from quality knitted polyethylene.
Warranty: 10 Year UV Warranty Pro-Rata Should any Dine A Chook® Commercial Birdnet for reasons of UV degradation within ten (10) years of the date of purchase, we will gladly replace the fabric or refund the original purchase price.
The definition of ‘failure’ used means any instance where the fabric has lost more than 5% of its strength for each year of its life. This guarantee does not cover deterioration due to chemical exposure (cleaning chemicals, PVC’s, solvents etc). This guarantee does not cover damage to the cloth caused by stresses beyond its design strength. (Excessive wind loads, poor structure design etc) This guarantee does not extend to colourfastness of the fabric. All resins and colours are chosen with extreme care for long life however exposure to sunlight can cause some changes over a period of time. We do not cover consequential loss or damage other than that required by law. The decision to replace or reimburse, is made by Dine A Chook at their total discretion.