We think the Lumia 8 is the best entry-level automatic incubator on the market. With this package you will also receive a bonus bag of dried mealworms and our ever popular mega mineral supplement. Total bonus value $27.90
With all of the features of an industrial incubator, the Lumia 8 is ideal for backyard chicken keepers, schools and small-scale breeders.
The Lumia incubator range incorporates key technological innovations proven to improve hatch rates and chick viability, such as external water reservoirs, vertical incubation and Biomaster silver ion additive.
Made in Italy to the highest quality standards, the Lumia 8 includes automatic egg rotation, AI temperature control and static humidity.
Benefits of the Lumia 8 Automatic Incubator
- A small, entry-level incubator with the latest technological features developed for professional incubators
- Perfect for backyard chicken keepers, small-scale breeders and schools
- The automatic egg rotation, temperature control and humidity creation save time for busy breeders
- Holds up to 32 small eggs, e.g. quail, or 8 medium to large eggs, e.g. chicken or goose
- Suitable for a wide range of birds including chickens, pheasants, guinea fowl, quail, partridges,
- Fitted with a clear plastic lid so that you can watch the eggs hatch
- Hatches eggs from multiple breeds in the same tray - hatch geese next to quail without adjustment
- Includes technological innovations to improve hatch rates
- AI temperature control compensates for external fluctuations in temperature
- External water reservoirs mean that the incubator never needs to be opened, maintaining humidity and preventing contamination
- Made from heat-resistant ABS to maintain temperature
- Biomaster silver ion additive prevents the growth of harmful bacteria on incubator surfaces, improving hatch rates
- Comes with a vehicle cigarette lighter adaptor in the case of transport or a power outage
Bacterial contamination decreases hatch rate and chick viability. The Lumia 8 incubator is made from ABS plastic with Biomaster silver ion technology, proven to prevent the growth of bacteria. External water reservoirs reduce the risk of contamination and are fitted with “dust plugs” to prevent dirt or germs entering. The Lumia 8 keeps the area around the egg more hygienic, improving the hatch.
Maintain temperature and humidity
Lumia incubators incorporate all of the latest features to maintain constant temperature and humidity, and to prevent any heat loss. Heat-resistant ABS and insulated ventilation maintain uniformity of temperature throughout the unit. The incubator design creates ideal levels of static humidity throughout the entire incubation period.
Artificial intelligence and microcomputer control
The sophisticated thermostat integrates AI, offering industrial-standard temperature control with an accuracy of +/- 0.1 oC. The temperature is taken by an NTC sensor which uses an advanced Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) algorithm to compensate for external temperature and prevent oscillations when adjustments are made.
Hatch the largest number of eggs in a small space, reducing energy consumption. Made of heat-resistant ABS and equipped with insulated ventilation, Lumia incubators conserve heat for energy efficiency. Combined with AI temperature control and the external water reservoirs, the Lumia 8 is a high-performance machine that meets the growing demand for environmentally friendly products.
Features of the Lumia 8 Incubator
- A professional-standard incubator designed for small clutches
- An energy efficient model averaging a consumption of 20 Wh
- Suitable for incubation temperatures between 30 oC and 40 oC
- Automatic temperature control to 0.1 oC with digital display
- Automatic egg-turner controlled by a microprocessor with variable inclinations and intervention times, mimicking natural movement in the nest
- Static humidity system
- External water reservoirs with Biomaster “dust plugs”
- Clear, maximum visibility lid for easy monitoring and for watching the eggs hatch
- Equipped with an Australian power cord and an adaptor for a standard car cigarette lighter
- Designed and manufactured in Italy to the highest quality standards
- 2-year manufacturer’s guarantee
- Digital thermostat controlled by a micro-computer with PID technology
- Accurate to within +/- 0.1 oC
- 50 W FLEX silicon cable resistor heater
- 12 VDC 60 W power supply and cable
- Vehicle cigarette lighter plug included
- 60 mm diameter, silenced axial fan with auto-restart function
- 12 volt egg-turning motor controlled by a microprocessor
- Made from heat-resistant ABS with Biomaster technology
- Measures 39 cm x 20 cm x 22 cm (height)
- Weighs 1.75 kg
Why we recommend Borotto Incubators
Borotto is a market leader in incubators for the backyard and commercial poultry keeper. Their lines are high performance and technologically advanced. Their incubators are designed, manufactured and assembled in Italy, to the highest quality standards. They are known for their reliability and frequently update their models with technological and scientific advances.
Dine A Chook shipping charges are outlined below and are for all Australian and New Zealand orders.
|Up to 1kg||$9.95|
|1 - 3kg||$12.95|
|3 - 5kg||$14.95|
|5 - 7kg||$19.95|
|Over 7kg||Calculated at checkout|
|Order over $199 with a total weight under 7kg - Excludes Bulk Bird Netting||Free Shipping - Use Coupon Code 'Free Shipping'|
How is your order shipped?
All Dine A Chook orders are sent using Australia Post unless otherwise stated. All orders require a signature at the time of delivery unless you provide an authority to leave. We deliver to Residential and Business addresses, PO Boxes and Parcel Lockers.
Every Dine a Chook delivery is completely insured for the total value of the items despatched and insurance coverage includes loss and damage during transit. In the unlikely event, you receive a broken item contact our office via the contact us page within 3 working days of signing for the goods so we can arrange for a replacement.
|State||Estimated delivery (business days)|
|New South Wales||3-5 days|
|South Australia, Tasmania & ACT||6-8 days|
|Western Australia & Northern Territory||8-12 days|
With the exception of busy times of the year, orders received before 11am are generally shipped out that same day.
2 year manufacturer warranty